Components: EgoSecure Server, EgoSecure Agents
Operating System: Windows
Migrating EgoSecure Server installation on a new server or reinstalling EgoSecure Server on the same server.
In case of an additional database migration, perform the following task first: Database migration
Please consider that the version of the new EgoSecure Server has to match with the existing Server version that is to be replaced or migrated.
1. Migrating or reinstalling EgoSecure Server
As all EgoSecure Server settings are stored in a database, a reinstallation presents no problems. Perform one of the following variants:
a) Migrating EgoSecure Server installation on a new server
1. Start the installation via the EgoSecureSetup.exe on your new server and follow the Installer instructions.
2. On step Database , select the appropriate database server and database previously used by EgoSecure Server. You may also perform the database selection later via the EgoSecure AdminTool .
b) Reinstalling EgoSecure Server on the same server
1. Uninstall EgoSecure Server via the Windows Control Panel or start EgoSecureSetup.exe and select Uninstall .
2. Reboot the system and start the installation via the EgoSecureSetup.exe . Follow the Installer instructions.
3. On step Database , select the appropriate database server and database previously used by EgoSecure Server. You may also perform the database selection later via the EgoSecure AdminTool .
2. Connecting EgoSecure Agents with the new EgoSecure Server
If the IP adress and/or name of the EgoSecure Server matches with the IP adress or server name you used before, EgoSecure Agents will connect automatically to the new EgoSecure server.
If the IP adress and/or name of the Server has changed, perform one of the following variants to connect the Agents to the new server:
Assigning the new EgoSecure Server to the EgoSecure Agents (by using the old EgoSecure Server)
a) Via the EgoSecure Console
1. Open the old EgoSecure Console and go to Administration » Server management » EgoSecure servers .
Assign a higher priority to the new server by using the Up and Down arrows.
⇒ The clients are assigned to the new server on their next login.
b) Via MSI package
1. Start the EgoSecure Console on the new server and go to Installation » EgoSecure agents » Create MSI package . Generate a new package.
2. Copy the new package into the MSI directory of the old server.
3. In the EgoSecure Console, go to Installation » EgoSecure agents » Install/Update and update the Agents.
⇒ The old server distributes the server information of the new server to the clients. The new server is assigned to them.
Assigning the new EgoSecure Server to the EgoSecure Agents (by using the new EgoSecure Server)
c) Via DNS redirection
- In your DNS server, set a DNS redirection from the old server name to the new server name.
⇒ The client receives and stores the new IP. The new IP also remains active in case of deleting the redirection later.
d) Via the client registry
1. Modify the following lines according to your environment and copy them into a text file. Save the file with ending .reg.
2. Execute the file on the client and confirm the upcoming warning dialog. Reboot the system.
⇒ The client connects to the new server after the restart.
You may also execute this variant automatically on all clients by using a logon script and the Windows Group Policy or a software deployment solution respectively.
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00