Components: Database (SQL Server 2005 and higher), EgoSecure Server
Operating System: Windows
Database migration to another server or reinstallation on the same server.
In case of an additional migration of the EgoSecure Server
, perform the following task after the database migration: EgoSecure Server migration
(please perform the database migration first).
If you migrate the EgoSecure database to a later version of Microsoft SQL Server or if you want to upgrade from Microsoft SQL, pay attention to the following information before moving the database:
Installed Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio component.
1. Stop the EgoSecure Server service.
2. Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
3. To include the transaction logs of the database in the backup:
a. Right-click the EgoSecure database and select Properties from the context menu.
b. In the Database properties dialog, click Options in the navigation area.
c. In the Restore model drop-down menu, select Complete and confirm with OK .
4. Right-click the EgoSecure database and select Tasks » Back Up... from the context menu.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - Main window
5. In the Back Up Database dialog, select Full from the Backup type drop-down menu.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - Database update
6. If needed, adjust the path for saving the database file in the Destination section.
7. Click OK to confirm.
⇒ The backup file [Database name].bak is stored in the specified location. A dialog that informs about the successful back up appears. You can now connect to the EgoSecure database on the new database server.
Creating a database on a new database server
1. Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on the new server.
2. Right-click Databases and select Restore Database from the context menu.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - Restore database
3. In the Source section of the Restore Database dialog, select the Device option and click on the button ... .
4. In the Select backup devices dialog, click Add .
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - Select backup devices
5. In the Locate backup file dialog, select the bak file.
6. Click OK to confirm.
⇒ The dialog that informs that the database is restored successfully appears.
7. Open the EgoSecure AdminTool and enter the IP adress or the name of the new database server respectively and confirm with Ok .
The EgoSecure Server is restarted automatically and connects with the database on the new database server.